UPDATE: We got some feedback that there was a tad much going on in this post, so it's been simplified so that Photoshop experience isn't necessary.
Coastermatic is looking for interns to help with fun, interesting, and unique social media projects!
We’re seeking a couple of interns help to build our Instagram community. Coastermatic HQ is in SF, but you can be anywhere. The role is remote, paid, and part time (~10h/week), with flexible hours.
Coastermatic makes coasters to celebrate. Our USA made, absorbent ceramic coasters feature customer images selected from Instagram, as well growing range of artwork from illustrators across the country. We’ve been featured by Dwell, Swissmiss, and even made coasters for Bill Nye the Science Guy!
We’re focused on building a company that is sustainable, fun to work for, and inspires learning and creativity in everyone we interact with. If you'd like to learn more about co-founder Tash Wong and Coastermatic, check out her talk from earlier this year.
What you’ll be doing
- Searching Instagram for the people prominent in categories such as craft, cute animals, cocktails, etc
- Reaching out to them to establish relationships and build partnerships
- Sending out sets of coasters
- Spreading the word of Coastermatic on social media networks
- Working independently, from where ever you like, during hours you decide
- Meeting weekly with Tash and the team to talk about goals accomplished, and those ahead
- Learning the ins and outs of how Coastermatic, bootstrapped startup, works.
- You’re fun to work with, eager to make things happen.
- You want to work with smart people who respect what you do.
- You’re awesome at setting your own deadlines and sticking to them.
- You have snappy writing style
- You take great photos (especially with your phone), and have an eye for design.
- You love connecting with people and finding ways we can help each other.
- You have a computer, a smart phone, and a nice internet connection
How to apply
Send an email over to email@example.com with the following:
- Briefly tell us why you’d be a great fit.
- Your resume + social media links
- Share with us the story of one self-directed project you completed, from start to finish (400ish words)
- Any questions you might have for us.